Friday, February 18, 2011

A Couple of Cool Links on a Rainy Friday

Was doing a little reading on this rainy afternoon and found a couple links you might find helpful/ interesting... 


I've had a couple people ask me how long things can be kept in the freezer.  I had done some googling and found a few resources, but didn't fall in love with any of them.  I found this chart from myrecipe.com and it is really well done and covers almost every food item I could think of.

Click here for the article.






I also saw an article on Health.com about fiber being linked to longer life.  The study was run by the American Cancer Institute.  Although it lead to a longer life in men (in this study), it did not produce the same results for women.  'As Dr. Hu says, “We don’t understand the mechanism of how fiber works against disease.'"  Perhaps it's the way that a person who eats whole grain fiber lives their life (e.g. exercises at least 20 min a day, drinks lots of water and gets 5 servings of fruits and vegetables) ?  The doctor's concluded that this was only one study and more would need to be run to make an conclusive findings so I guess we'll find out.





I saw an all natural version of Nutella while at the health.com site also.  'nough said.











On Danica's site, she posted about a free yoga download on yogadownload.com for beginners (like me!).  I have yet to try it out, but it looked really cool and I'd thought I'd share.  We could all use a little more stretching in our life.


Happy Friday!
Mary

No comments: