Monday, March 28, 2011

One Year of What's Cookin' with Mary!

I looked at the calendar this morning and realized that Saturday was the one year anniversary of What's Cookin' with Mary ?! Can't believe I've been at this for a whole year. I clicked over to my first post and can plainly see how far I've come. 
Mary's Orange Chicken - First Post !
I have realized that I have a huge passion for photography and cooking (was already pretty sure on that one though). Thank you B for upgrading my camera situation and helping me to see how much I love to take pictures. That old point and shoot was serving me well, but the dslr really opened my eyes to photography and also makes my blog a whole lot better.







I am excited to see all of the fruits of summer starting to hit the shelves at the store and really look forward to what yummy foods I'll be creating to share with you all.
Flavors of Summer Coming Soon
Again, thank you (!!) to all of my readers for helping to make this endeavor both rewarding and exciting. If you've never left a comment, please stop by and say hi... I'd love to hear from you. If there's anything you'd like to see more of on What's Cookin', feel free to email me or comment below.  I aim to please!

-Mary



10 comments:

Janetha @ meals + moves said...

Happy 1 year!

MegSmith @ Cooking.In.College said...

Congratulations on the 1 year mark!!! Thank you for the blast to the past too, I love seeing old blog posts/pictures. I can't wait to see the recipe for the salsa on top of that gorgeous piece of fish.

What's Cookin' with Mary? said...

Thank you ladies ! :)

@ Meg:I actually recycled that picture from last summer as a teaser ;)

http://whatscookinwithmary.blogspot.com/2010/07/spicy-mango-peach-salsa.html

Pam said...

Happy blogiversary!

mitzi @ my nikon eats food said...

saying hi! =) and happy birthday to your blog!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That peanut butter cup protein shake is looking good!

Stephen said...

Congratulations on your anniversary. BTW your egg salad inspiredme to make my own last night. I am partial to spicy so my salad got a good dose of curry. Again it is great to see your blog every week and we wish you many more years to come

What's Cookin' with Mary? said...

@ Pam: TY TY!

@mitzi & a busy nest: YAY! thank you for 'de-lurking' :D ..and thank you! Hope to hear for you again!!

@ stephan: Thank you and I'm glad my egg salad inspired you. I really like the idea of adding curry powder. must. try.

Made in Sonoma said...

Congrats on the 1 year. What a difference one year can make!

I just got a DSLR for my birthday this month and I'm so excited to start using it for my blog. Point and Shoot cameras are great but they usually don't do food justice.

What's Cookin' with Mary? said...

@ Made in Sonoma: Thank you! Unfortunately, since my one year, I haven't been doing much cooking, blogging or picture taking... but glad to be back at it a little bit at least. You will LOVE your new camera, but I know I don't need to tell you that ;)