Friday, March 26, 2010

Mary's Orange Chicken

The inspiration for this dish was a pound of chicken tenders I picked up from Trader Joe's and a very ripe tangelo.  Keeping it simple was my only game plan and I think a cook of any skill level could make this. :)



What You Need:
1 lb chicken breast tenders
Juice and zest of 1 tangelo or orange (could sub 1/3 cup freshly squeezed OJ)
2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
2-3 large garlic cloves (or to taste), minced
1 tsp soy sauce or tamari
2 tsp minced ginger
Freshly cracked pepper to taste
Optional: mango salsa or fresh cilantro and lime

What To Do:
Combine all ingredients, except the chicken and mix well in a gallon sized ziploc bag.  Add chicken to the marinade and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 24 hours.

Grill chicken on an out door grill until cooked through, about 5-8 minutes.  If you don't have a grill, bake at 350* until juices run clear.

Serve with mango salsa or plain garnished with fresh cilantro and lime juice.

Serves 4

ENJOY !
Mary

2 comments:

Kai said...

I love this chicken recipe! The marinade made the meat juicier and the orange taste wasn't as strong as I thought it would be. It's just the perfect orange taste. Hoorah to Mary's orange chicken :)

What's Cookin' with Mary? said...

Kai,
I'm so glad you liked my orange chicken! Thanks for being the first to try one of my recipes!!
-Mary